7. Your rights and how we respect them
We respect your rights as a customer to determine how your personal information is used. These rights include:
Right to access information
You have the right to ask us for an overview of your personal data that we process.
Right to rectification
If your personal data is incorrect, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If we share data about you with a third party that is later corrected, we will also notify that party.
Right to object to processing
You can also object to receiving personalized commercial messages from us. You cannot object to us processing your personal data if we are legally required to do so, even if you have opted out of receiving personalized commercial messages.
Right to object to automated decisions
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on your personal information if this is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, or if you gave us consent to do so. You have the right to object to such automated decisions (for example requiring a new passport copy if the one we have on file for you as representative of your company is no longer valid) and ask for an actual person to make the decision instead.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict using your personal data if:
- You believe the information is inaccurate.
- We are processing the data unlawfully.
- StablR no longer needs the data, but you want us to keep it for use in a legal claim.
- You have objected to us processing your data for our own legitimate interests.
Right to data portability
You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data directly to you or to another company. This applies to personal data we process by automated means and with your consent or on the basis of a contract with you. Where technically feasible, we will transfer your personal data.
Right to erasure
You may ask us to erase your personal data if:
- We no longer need it for its original purpose.
- You withdraw your consent for processing it.
- You object to us processing your data for our own legitimate interests or for personalized commercial messages.
- StablR unlawfully processes your personal data.
- A law of the European Union or a member state of the European Union requires StablR to erase your personal data.
Right to complain
Should you for any reason be unhappy with the way StablR treats your personal data, you can file a complaint with StablR its compliance department via [email protected]. You can also contact the data protection authority in your country.
Exercising your rights
How you can exercise your rights depends on the type of personal data StablR processes. It could be through our website, by fulfilling our KYC obligations or by processing a transaction. We aim to respond to your request as quickly as possible. In certain cases, we may deny your request. If it’s legally permitted, we will let you know within a reasonable timeframe why we denied it. If you want to exercise your rights or submit a complaint, please contact us via the email address provided below.